Posted: Friday 15th January 2021
Events & Membership Assistant | Network My Club
This role has been created due to growth in our online events and membership, to support Network My Club’s expansion into new territories of the UK and plan for the return of our live event schedule post pandemic.
Through the pandemic, few companies have had to pivot and adapt like Network My Club. From a solely face to face networking events business, to operating solely online, through huge levels of innovation and resilience, we’ve emerged from the pandemic with a more robust business and greater portfolio of services.
These services provide chance to expand the reach and growth of Network My Club. That’s the kind of team you can expect to be part of. You will be joining at a very exciting period for the business.
Why You’ll Love Network My Club
We are on a mission to make business networking something businesses want to do, not feel like they have to. We’re not afraid to innovate and disrupt. You shouldn’t be too. We are an agile company where your ideas are heard and can make a real impact in the business.
We’re a young, forward thinking and ambitious team, with potential and plans for growth nationally and internationally. You’ll play an integral part in that.
Collaboration is at the heart of what we do. Both as a team and with our community of members.
You’ll be expected to take ultimate responsibility and ownership over your role. You’ll be exposed to and learn about all sides of the business, with your personal development and growth being fully encouraged and supported.
Pre pandemic, Network My Club saw a year-on-year growth in revenue of between 50-75%. Now, through our innovation and adaption, are on track to have recovered revenue to pre-pandemic levels by mid 2021. This role will help achieve and exceed that.
If you’re looking for an environment where you’ll be challenged to grow, have huge potential to develop with the business, with the freedom to innovate, then this is a perfect role for you. Bags of ambition, enthusiasm and value for high standards is essential.
What You’ll Do
The mission of the Events and Membership Assistant is to organise online events and support members to the high quality we and our members have come to expect. Working alongside our Events and Membership Manager to prepare and plan events to deliver an exceptional experience.
- Prepare and organise Network My Club events (currently all online)
- Communicate event information to attendees
- Increase overall event experience rating in post event survey from 4.6 to 4.8 out of 5
- Manage member enquiries and tasks
- Responsible for events being promoted widely via relevant channels working with our Digital Communications Manager
- Responsible for managing event sponsors
- Prepare, organise and deliver online events for clients with Network My Club team
- Develop new event ideas and concepts
Who You Are
- High standards
- Excellent organisation and planning
- Attention to detail
- Customer service mentality
- Self-drive and determination to develop
- Proactive in bringing new ideas to the company
- 2+ years’ experience executing events from concept to delivery
- Experience managing key stakeholders while delivering market leading events
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll report primarily to Claudia our Events and Membership Manager in the planning of events and supporting members.
Anders our Digital Communications Manager (and first Network My Club employee in 2016 joining as Digital Marketing Coordinator) heads up our marketing and digital communications. You’ll work with him to ensure events are effectively promoted, communicated and branded in line with our high standards.
You’ll be meeting and speaking to new members on a weekly basis, mainly due to the efforts of Sam our Membership Development Manager. Although a collective responsibility, Sam’s role is sourcing and signing up new businesses that fit the Network My Club membership culture.
Our community of members are SME’s in a vast range of sectors, from businesses of all sizes, and you will be talking to business owners, directors and partners on a daily basis.
For our online event services we provide, you will liaise directly with event organisers and marketing managers, ensuring their event requirements are taken care of, primarily alongside our Founder and Managing Director, Bradley.
At Network My Club we value teamwork, honesty, integrity, taking ultimate responsibility and being a good person. If you are aligned to these values, we’d love to hear from you.
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote working and office location
- 23 days holiday
- Discounts through Network My Club’s Reward Partners
Salary: £17,000-£22,000 depending on experience
Term: 6-month fixed contract
If you’d like to find out more about the role or have any specific questions, message me directly on LinkedIn here.
How to apply:
Email your CV to info@networkmyclub and include in your email:
- An example of a piece of work or event you are most proud of working on and why.
- Links or attachments to any articles, blogs, case studies or documents you feel will help support your CV and suitability for the role.
- Your views on the future of virtual and live events.